Flagger - Grande Prairie
Mainline Construction (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the followings seasonal hourly positions available located in Grande Prairie, Alberta
Flagger, Grading & Oilfield
Job ID: (5-ML0582111)
Under the direction of a Foreman, a Flag Person is responsible for controlling and directing motor vehicles and pedestrians safely in the work zone. By using traffic control signals and signage, this individual will help reduce or eliminate the risks associated with traffic.
- Read and understand work site specific instructions on direction of traffic.
- Review the work site daily.
- Set up, reposition and dismantle traffic control signage.
- Protect workers and the public by keeping workspace free of traffic and warning oncoming traffic of any potential hazards.
- Communicate effectively with other traffic control workers using established signals and radio equipment to ensure the smooth flow of traffic and minimize confusion.
- Maintain alertness at all times.
- Assist trucks and equipment accessing and exiting work sites.
- Assist with the set up and maintenance of project signage and barricades.
The Ideal Candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred.
- Flagger or Traffic Control Training Certification is an asset.
- Prior experience working on a paving site is an asset.
- Understanding of traffic control procedures and guidelines.
- Physical ability to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Willingness to work out of town and in remote locations, as required.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
Click for more details - Mainline Construction Flagger Position Profile
How to Apply:
Please submit applications/resumes to MAINLINE CONSTRUCTION (2014) LTD., quoting Job ID: 5-ML0582111
Website: see online application button below
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.